Make a pair of comfy slippers in a matter of hours! The Simple Garter Stitch Slippers are knitted flat and seamed with a neat crocheted finishing. It’s easily customizable to different sized feet. You have the option to hold fingering weight held double or one strand of worsted weight yarn. These are perfect for any last minute holiday gift!
Level: Perfect for the confident beginner. Need to know how to cast on, knit and purl.
- Three-needle bind-off
- Single crochet
- Optional: Judy’s Magic Cast-On
- Pattern for Simple Garter Stitch Slippers from Ravelry
- 300–320 yards of fingering weight yarn (held double), plus a small amount in a contrast color for top seam and cuff edge. If choosing worsted weight, split the yardage in half.
- US 4 circular or straight needle to get gauge (19 st = 4 in)
- Crochet hook (about same size as knitting needle)
- Tapestry needle
Note: This is a two part class. You need to be able to attend both sessions (December 5 and 19).