- This event has passed.
How to Fix Your Knitting
January 11 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$40
Want to learn how to fix your knitting mistakes? In this class, we will use two swatches to learn how to fix the most common mistakes that happen in your knitting–from stockinette, garter, basic lace and cable stitch patterns. Skills covered will be:
- Picking up dropped stitches
- Putting in a safety line in order to rip back the work
- Dropping down to fix mistakes
- “Tinking” back
- Recognizing and fixing twisted stitches
Skills Required: Must know how to knit, purl, increase and decrease.
Materials to purchase or bring from home:
- Worsted or DK weight yarn that is not too dark, fuzzy or singly ply–you need to be able to see your stitches
- Extra needles: DPNs or short circumference circular needles that are the same size as the ones used in your swatches
- Scrap yarn at least one yard long
- Detachable stitch markers
- Crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
Homework to do before class:
- One 6×6 inch stockinette stitch swatch still on the needles–not bound off
- One 6×6 inch garter stitch swatch still on the needles–not bound off
To register, please call the shop at 202-714-5667. For all additional class info, please see our FAQ page. Thanks!